From 25 May 2017, there are some new regulations for Medical Devices and In-Vitro Diagnostic Devices. However, these new regulations won´t be applied to MDR until 26 May 2020 and to IVDR until 26 May 2022. From now to these dates, devices could meet the actual EU medical device directive, or the new regulation, but never use both.
CE certificates issued in this period under the MDD will be valid up to 4 years (MDR) or 2 years (IVDR) from the date of issue.
After the 26 May 2020 (for MDR) and 26 May 2022 (for IVDR) all devices must meet the new regulation.
New regulations includes:
- new classification categories of medical devices and in vitro diagnostic devices
- new classification of unregulated products (products without an intended medical purpose)
- new regulation for classes of devices that are under a conformity assessment
- steps that manufacturers must take to meet the MDR/IVDR before placing their device on the market
- new obligations for different operators in the medical device supply chain (manufacturer, importer, distributor or authorised representative)
- new post-market surveillance requirements
- Return to main page
- WHAT IS UNANNOUNCED AUDIT?
- Indian’s new regulation for Medic
- LIST OF NOTIFIED BODIES UNDER DIR
- Which countries require CE markin
- DO YOU WANT TO REGISTER YOUR PROD
- Calling Indian manufacturers!
- New regulation to be notes by Med
- The FDA will help Combination Pro
- WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOU TECHNICAL
- How to report serious incidents o
- Types of reports for the implemen
- Update in Post-Market Surveillanc
- New medical devices rules approve
- Guidance for clinical evaluation
- Mutual recognition of evaluations
- Japan’s PMDA is offering meetings
- CFDA presents new classification
- NEW FDA APPLICATION FEE FOR MEDIC
- Significant points on how to comp
- New MDR and IVDR requirements won
- EXTENDED TIMELINE for MEDDEV 2.7/
- MEDICAL DEVICES IN MALAYSIA SHOUL
- How to prepare your Design Histor
- NEW FDA registration page is avai
- South Africa’s new regulation - S
- FDA:Dates of compliance with UDI
- New regulations in Vietnam: Regis
- FSC: Reference Countries
- Welcome to CMC