The latest version of clinical evaluation of medical devices guideline, MEDDEV 2.7/1 Rev.4 was published by the European Commission in June 2016.
A new medical device regulation was published on 5, May 2017 required some specific clinical evaluation that are not consistant with the MEDDEV 2.7/1 Rev. 4.
The EU notify body decided to extend the timeline for this clinical evaluation to give the manufacturers more time to prepare their clinical evidence documentation according to the changes in the new regulation, reflecting the state-of-the-art method for the evaluation.
If the requirements on clinical evaluation and active post-market surveillance of the applicable directive MDD and/or AIMDD are fulfilled, the extension is applicable.
The following timelines are applicable from now:
July 31, 2017 – May 25, 2020
· All submission can still use the previous version MEDDEV 2.7/1 Rev. 3
· A plan on how to reflect the state-of-the-art method for the evaluation should be included in all submission (also in every technical documentation)
May 26, 2020
· After May 26, 2020, all CER should include the current state-of-the-art method of clinical evaluation following the new MEDDEV 2.7/1 Rev. 4. or another comparable version method.
- Return to main page
- WHAT IS UNANNOUNCED AUDIT?
- Indian’s new regulation for Medic
- LIST OF NOTIFIED BODIES UNDER DIR
- Which countries require CE markin
- DO YOU WANT TO REGISTER YOUR PROD
- Calling Indian manufacturers!
- New regulation to be notes by Med
- The FDA will help Combination Pro
- WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOU TECHNICAL
- How to report serious incidents o
- Types of reports for the implemen
- Update in Post-Market Surveillanc
- New medical devices rules approve
- Guidance for clinical evaluation
- Mutual recognition of evaluations
- Japan’s PMDA is offering meetings
- CFDA presents new classification
- NEW FDA APPLICATION FEE FOR MEDIC
- Significant points on how to comp
- New MDR and IVDR requirements won
- EXTENDED TIMELINE for MEDDEV 2.7/
- MEDICAL DEVICES IN MALAYSIA SHOUL
- How to prepare your Design Histor
- NEW FDA registration page is avai
- South Africa’s new regulation - S
- FDA:Dates of compliance with UDI
- New regulations in Vietnam: Regis
- FSC: Reference Countries
- Welcome to CMC