Medical Devices Rules 2017, approved by the federal government in the cabinet meeting held on December 26, will come into effect when the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan notifies them.
The scenario of spurious, and expired medical devices will finish by the new rules, these devices would be registered and regulated. The ones that are not registered will be penalized.
A Medical Devices Board will perform an assessment and evaluation of the new rules. The board will comprise representatives of federal and provincial governments along with experts from the field of medicine, biomedicine, software, electromechanical engineering and pharmacy.
In terms of the process of registration of medical devices, the fee structure has been revised. Technical documentation requirements for registration have been minimized, if imported from reference countries including the USA, European Union, Japan, Canada and Australia. The classification and grouping of medical devices have been harmonized with international guidelines of the WHO, International Medical Devices Regulators Forum (IMDRF) and Asian Harmonisation Working Party (AHWP).
Now you can register on the DRAP official website for online registration of cardiac stents. The registry has also been established for companies seeking establishment licenses.
- Return to main page
- WHAT IS AN UNANNOUNCED AUDIT?
- India’s new regulation for Medic
- LIST OF NOTIFIED BODIES UNDER DIR
- Which countries require CE markin
- DO YOU WANT TO REGISTER YOUR PROD
- Calling Indian manufacturers!
- New regulation to be noted by Med
- The FDA will help Combination Pro
- WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR TECHNICAL
- How to report serious incidents o
- Types of reports for the implemen
- Update in Post-Market Surveillanc
- New medical devices rules approve
- Guidance for clinical evaluation
- Mutual recognition of evaluations
- Japan’s PMDA is offering meetings
- CFDA presents new classification
- NEW FDA APPLICATION FEE FOR MEDIC
- Significant points on how to comp
- New MDR and IVDR requirements won
- EXTENDED TIMELINE for MEDDEV 2.7/
- MEDICAL DEVICES IN MALAYSIA SHOUL
- How to prepare your Design Histor
- NEW FDA registration page is avai
- South Africa’s new regulation - S
- FDA:Dates of compliance with UDI
- New regulations in Vietnam: Regis
- FSC: Reference Countries
- Welcome to CMC